InstantAgarose™ Tablet Gel Preparation Protocol & 仕様
- Use a flask that is 2 to 4 times the volume of the solution being prepared. IMPORTANT
- Add agarose tablet to electrophoresis buffer based on below table to prepare your desired gel %, soak tablet in buffer for 2 minutes before heating.
- If you use boiling water bath:
- To melt agarose, simply heat the slurry in a boiling water bath, bring the solution to a boil and allow it to boil for 5-10 minutes stirring continuously, until agarose dissolves completely.
- If use microwave oven:
- Heat the slurry in microwave on high power setting until it starts to boil, allow boiling for 30 seconds.
- Remove the flask from microwave, swirl gently to re-suspend any remaining agarose particles.
- Reheat on high power for 1-2 minutes or until the solution is clear and all particles are dissolved.
- Remove the flask from the microwave oven, and gently swirl to it. Use caution when handling as solution may be extremely heated.
- Cool the solution to approx. 60°C before pouring. Separation of DNA in agarose.
|appearance||White to off-white|
|Gelling point||36°C±1.5°C (1.5% gel)|
|Melting point||88°C±1.5°C (1.5% gel)|
|solubility||1g in 100ml water|
|Gel strength||≥ 1200 g/cm2 (1% Gel)|